For local development, supply
ui to Tolgee configuration (see Integration). If you set everything properly, you can use in-context translating:
- Press and hold
- Navigate mouse over any translation on your website
- It should get highlighted
- Click on it to open "Quick translation" dialog
- You can edit translations (changes will get stored to Tolgee platform)
In-context on production
To enable in-context translating on production you can pass
apiUrl through Tolgee Tools plugin, that way Tolgee will switch to development mode (plugin will also supply
@tolgee/ui package automatically).
apiKey in Tolgee configuration on production.
This property is intended only for local development, as it's not meant to be publicly visible.
- Install Tolgee Tools plugin
- Go to the production version of your website
- Click on Tolgee Tools extension and apply your API key (you might need to reload if you just installed the plugin)
- In-context translating should work
You can also check Step-by-step tutorial
A few notes about Tolgee Tools plugin
- You can turn off development mode by switching "Applied" toggle, which will turn it off, but stores credentials locally so you don't have to fill it again next time
- Plugin will supply
apiUrlfrom Tolgee configuration if it's present (if not you can fill it manually)
- Plugin will not allow you to modify credentials if you are in development mode already
- Plugin changes its icon if Tolgee is present on the page or if credentials are set